Mauritel Terms Of Sale
So, you want to buy a Mauritel product? Great! We love having you as a customer. And we certainly want you to be happy. That’s why we’re telling you what you can and can’t expect in the transaction.
We don’t like unpleasant surprises any more than you do. These Terms of Sale apply between you and Mauritel International Limited when you buy Mauritel devices or accessories from this site (“Device”).
Mauritel is the authorized reseller and merchant of the Devices offered on this site. It’s important that you read these Terms of Sale carefully.
The words “you” and “your” in these Terms of Sale mean you, being an individual or individuals purchasing Devices from Mauritel for purposes which are outside your trade, business, craft or profession and with a Mauritian address for delivery of those Devices.
In case of any complaints, you may contact Mauritel or our authorized service centre as stated above.
Make sure you use a valid major credit card (Mastercard or Visa). When you place an order, you permit Mauritel (directly or through its authorized third party payment provider on its behalf) to charge the payment method in the total amount of your order, including any shipping and handling charges and taxes as set out on the order summary. Your payment method billing address must be within the Republic of Mauritius.
Warranty, support, and any other services provided are not transferable if you resell Mauritel Devices or other products purchased from this site. We can only ship to addresses within the UAE, and no P.O. boxes or freight forwarding.
The Device price displayed on the site is in Mauritian Rupee and includes value added tax at the current rate. Shipping and handling charges, if applicable, are not included in the price but they will be displayed on the order summary page and you will be able to review them before placing your order at checkout. You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
Promotional prices only apply during the period stated on the website.
No one likes them, but everyone makes them once in a while. If a significant pricing mistake happens you agree that Mauritel will not be bound by that incorrect price, unless the purchase contract has already been concluded (as described above). If we notice a gross mistake and the purchase contract has not yet been concluded, we will let you know the correct price and you will get to choose to either continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it.
You have to get a service plan on your phone to activate it. Those come from separate companies, and the plan is between you and the carrier; Mauritel is not a part of it.
Shipping and Delivery
Your order will be shipped by a recognized courier service. You pay shipping and handling as part of your order unless specific terms provide otherwise. If you order more than one product, they might arrive at different times. If we decide to send your order in multiple parts you pay the shipping and handling charges only once. If you ask us to send your order in multiple parts we charge you for every extra shipping. You aren’t charged for each item until it leaves our building, but of course you’ll be charged for everything you bought eventually. When you buy a physical product, it’s yours as soon as it arrives – and if you lose it after that, that’s on you.
We will do our best to keep expected delivery dates for unavailable stock up-to-date and as accurate as possible. However, sometimes further delays to delivery are outside our control.
Unfortunately, at this time we can’t ship to P.O. Boxes or addresses outside the Republic of Mauritius.
Returns and Right of Withdrawal
As it is a distance contract you can cancel the contract within 3 days without giving reason (as specified within Annex 1) provided the products are sealed, unused & in pristine condition . If you have ordered one product or you have ordered multiple products in one order and the products are delivered in one lot, the information notice on the right of withdrawal set out in Annex 1 to this document applies.
If you have ordered multiple products that are delivered separately, the information notice on the right of withdrawal set out in Annex 1 to this document applies.
Any returns and right of withdrawal have to be notified to our contact center as set out within Annex 1. Instructions will be provided on how and when the product is to be returned.
Data and Deactivation
You are responsible for managing any data stored on your Device, including for example deleting, transferring and creating back-¬ups of such data.
The Device may be subject to import and export laws and regulations in the Republic of Mauritius and elsewhere. You must comply with all domestic and international import and export laws and regulations that apply to your use of the Device. These laws may include restrictions on destinations, users, and end use.
You may only use the Device in accordance with the instructions and licenses that come with it, including instructions and licenses that may be available online. The Manufacturer of the Devices may provide software updates/upgrades that you will need to install in order for your Device and/or services to function properly, and the use of that software may be subject to additional licensing terms.
Faulty Devices. Statutory and limited Warranty: What Happens If Something Breaks
Once you receive Device (s), you will take on risk of damage to or loss of the Device (s). Please examine the Devices (s) carefully upon their delivery. If there is any problem with the Device, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. This will give us the opportunity to suggest an appropriate solution, which may include a price refund, replacement, or repair services. Mauritel Authorized Service Centers will handle the matter in accordance with your legal rights. If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge (T&C applied). Replacement Device will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received at our warehouse and checked.
Mauritel’s limited warranty is provided in addition to the rights that the law says you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
If your phone breaks while in use after you receive it, Mauritel can fix your handset based on warranty terms and conditions.
OTHER THAN THE WARRANTIES WE LIST IN THESE TERMS OF SALE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MAURITEL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY DEVICES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON–INFRINGEMENT. LIABILITIES: AKA, THINGS WE CAN’T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR:
If your signal is weak or you drop a call, that’s usually the network not the phone; and we may not be able to do anything about it. Similarly, we can’t do anything about the billing on your cellular or data plan or any other aspects of subscription services.
Mauritel strives to accurately depict Mauritel products through the pictures displayed on the site. Nonetheless, computer or mobile screens may not reproduce the images with 100 percent accuracy, particularly the colors you see. Mauritel will not assume any liability for any such variances.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER MAURITEL NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, “SELLER PARTIES”) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DEVICE OR THESE TERMS OF SALE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER OR NOT A SELLER PARTY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SELLER PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DEVICE OR THESE TERMS OF SALE WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO MAURITEL UNDER THESE TERMS.
- Mauritel may decline to ship Devices to certain addresses and Mauritel reserves the right to reject your order. We indicate acceptance of an order by shipping the Device to the customer.
- We do not sell to minors.
- Any delivery dates or times provided by Mauritel or its delivery agent are estimates only and can’t be guaranteed.
- All features, content, specifications, Devices and prices of Devices and services described on the website are subject to change at any time. These specifications and descriptions are generally approximate and are provided for convenience only.
- After purchasing a Device, you shall only use the ordered Device in a lawful manner.
- We reserve the right to change prices for products displayed on the site at any time. This does not affect any orders already made by you.
- Any dispute between you and Mauritel relating to the Device shall be determined by the courts in the country in which you purchased the Device.
- The Terms of Sale in effect at the time you place an order for the Device will apply to such order and Device. We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms of Sale from time to time, and any such changes will apply to future orders.
- If it turns out that a particular term of these terms of Sale is not valid or enforceable, this will not affect validity or effectiveness of any other terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Neither party will be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with these Terms of Sale if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
- These Terms of Sale is a purchase contract between you and Mauritel and is governed by the laws of the country in which you purchased the Device without regards to its conflict of law provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall be excluded.